Family pictures are fantastic! They help you create and remember fond memories of your loving family. However, this day can get extremely stressful, and we want to ensure this does NOT happen. If you’re stressed it will show in the photos, and we want your photos to be beautiful and carefree.
Here are just a few tips you can use on picture day to help you and your family relax:
1. Take some deep breaths. Deep breathing is a common relaxation method that we have all heard about, and perhaps have used ourselves. It can quickly calm your stress levels and you can do it anywhere at any time. Breathe in through your nose and exhale through your mouth, counting slowly in your head while letting it all out.
2. Laugh. Laughter is a ons of the BEST ways to release tension. It will also help your family relax and allow for some genuine smiles all around. Have everyone pretend to laugh and they will feel so ridiculous that they will actually start to laugh for real! This will ease everyone into a relaxation mode.
3. Count down slowly (in your head) from 10. And while counting, take a deep breath between each number. If you’re still feeling super stressed, start the process over, back at 10.
4. Distract yourself. If your family isn’t in the cooperating mood and you are getting yourself way too stressed, suggest that everyone plays a game or takes a walk. This will let some of the energy out and also give your photographer some good interacting photos. Prior to your session, think of a short game that your family would enjoy – it could be something like duck, duck, goose, or dancing to head, shoulders, knees, and toes, etc.
You can also distract yourself by going to your ‘happy place.’ Try to take yourself out of the situation you’re in and let your mind wander.
5. Trace your hand. Take your finger and trace a figure eight on the palm of your opposite hand. Ever tried this befpore? This really does help relieve stress as well as muscle tension.
6. Give lots of XOXOs. Not only will these make for cute poses, but one of the most effective ways to relieve stress is to hug someone or to kiss them. Gather your family in a big group hug, or give your husband a kiss and let your worries melt away.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to BOOK your very own Photo Session TODAY! We look forward to hearing from you! xx
All images © 2014-2018 Just Frame Me Photography. All rights reserved.